10.2.11

AWOL

It's been a hectic and fashion-filled week for me, and many others I can imagine (what with the whole Fashion Week Extravaganza upon us), hence why I've been a bit awol on the blogging side. On the positive side though I've done many exciting things that I have yet to share with you. On Wednesday I did a photoshoot with a pretty awesome photographer, Jan Masny, for a brand of bags called Black Tangerine. We shot in Hampstead Heath on one of the rare sunny days of the week and I think the photos have come out quite well so I will post them as soon as I have them. That evening I was lucky enough to be able to attend the Chalet Girl film premiere which featured Ed Westwick as the lead main role and I have to say, it was a dream come true to see the awesomeness of Chuck Bass in real life :) The film is a "snowmantic" comedy (this was coined by the producer and director of the film) and is actually OK as far as teen comedies go. I think we can expect big things from Felicity Jones though, the female lead, who stole the show with her sharp wit and humour. Talking of all things teen, in our goody bags we got given, among other things (such as Clearasil-remember that its a teen movie!) a copy of the latest Sugar issue, which features Diana Agron on the cover. Since I stopped reading these kinds of magazines a good few years ago, it was interesting to flick through and it's kind of sad that the magazine is due to close in March of this year. The fact is though that there just isn't such a market for teen magazines as there used to be.

Image via http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_8bh00i14aFQ/TUldzzh6YWI/AAAAAAAACBA/-lrWsCokfBM/s1600/77250_Dianna_Agron_Sugar_February_20113_122_15lo.jpg

Moving on, today I went behind the lens and completed the first part of an assignment we have for the masters, which involved shooting Bulgarian national costume in a high fashion context. I'm really pleased with the results and will share the photos after I have selected and edited them. It's all going on at the moment fashion wise so keep tuned! Meanwhile I leave you with a really awesome blog recommended to me by the photographer I shot with today (Benjamin Berg, check him out here), called Fashiontography. It's a collection of a load of cool photoshoots, most of them very high fashion, and I have really enjoyed looking through it and finding some old gems....so here are a few favourites.

This is Raquel Zimmermann by Nick Knight for the Alexander McQueen S/S 2010 ad campaign. I've never seen this before but I love how the snakes and her costume mix so well that you can hardly tell the difference between human and snake.


And of course Natalie Portman, rapidly becoming one of my favourite actresses, shot by Mario Testino for the November/December 2009 issue of V magazine. She is very V for Vendetta in these pictures and I think and she looks great.


All photos from fashiontopgraphy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...