13.7.11

Designer Spotlight: Marina London

A couple of weeks ago I had the pleasure of meeting Marina Guergova, designer and founder of her own label Marina London, in connection with an exciting project which I have going on right now... A (fairly) recent Central St Martins graduate and entrepreneur, Marina represents the raw Bulgarian design talent crossing into international territory. Although Marina has lived in the UK for the majority of her life, she nevertheless remains connected to Bulgarian style and fashion, having worked for some time as Art Director of the popular Bulgarian fashion magazine, Moda.


What really makes Marina tick though is the silk tops and dresses on which she has built her label, Marina London. ‘I started my own label because I thought that if I made a line of silk tops and dresses as ‘essentials’ it could be quite a good niche. So that’s how it came about-it’s basically the answer to a one stop label for silks’, explains Marina, who founded Marina London in 2010. Although she concedes that silk is quite a difficult fabric to work with, for now Marina remains committed to using solely this material since all her pieces are staple garments that can essentially be paired with all other elements in one’s wardrobe. 

Personally I love what Marina is doing-the collection is very sensuous, light and effortless and, being a Bulgarian like myself, I am proud to boast her as some of our native talent. Check out her website for more info: http://www.marinalondon.com/






Photography: George Garnier

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...