22.2.11

LFW Day 4

Highlights of day 4 for me included the EcoLuxe exhibition which I went to see in the morning and a few designers from the Designer's Exhibition at Somerset House which I went to in the afternoon. After seeing Ecoluxe, I can safely say that I have been converted to eco-fashion. The exhibition was small, but all the designs were really intricate, the designers were friendly and the pieces were surprisingly affordable. Most items were under £100 so what better way to spend your money? The items are fashionable, sustainable and relatively cheap. I was won over for sure. Also, some of the designs were so innovative-a lady had made a dress from men's ties entirely and another designer had made handbags entirely from recycled Lavazza posters. It's really a shame that this type of fashion doesn't get more recognition given the fact that we really should be thinking about more environmentally-friendly ways to consume fashion right now.



The bags on the left are made from recycled Lavazza (and other) posters

The dress made from men's ties



I love this African-print skirt from the Fashion-Conscience brand and, at only £39, I'm definitely thinking of bagging myself one-check out the website here






Eco-lingerie

After EcoLuxe I headed over to Somerset House where there were, as ever, plenty of interesting people to watch and photograph:








Then it was onto the exhibition where my favourite was definitely Holly Fulton. The inspiration behind the collection was apparently Coco Chanel's affair with the Duke of Westminster, so cue lots of Chanel-inspired jackets, gorgeous beading detail, PVC skirts and snakeskin motifs. I absolutely adored the colours, the long sweeping dresses and the cute lips detailing. The eclectic mix of studs and the softer white colours and feathers really made this a diverse collection and I predict big things for this designer.











And some other designers at the exhibition:

DAVID KOMA





LOUISE GRAY




THOMAS TAIT

CHRISTOPHER RAEBURN


DOMINIC JONES




YANG DU






FANNIE SCHIAVONI





MARY KATRANZOU











FELDER FELDER







MARK FAST




GEORGINA GOODMAN




ANGEL JACKSON


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...