8.6.11

Timberland (and other news)

I have been running around like a headless chicken the past few days doing lots of exciting fashion-related stuff that I am excited to share with you guys. I'm going to break it down into a couple of posts because they are going to be quite picture-heavy.

First things first, the preview of Timberland's A/W 2011 Elite collections in their quaint store on Fournier Street, just off Brick Lane. As someone who didn't know very much about Timberland, I was surprised to learn that they also did womens shoes and boots, as well as their infamous 'boat shoes', and are not just confined to their 'outdoors' reputation. All the shoes were really beautiful, well-crafted and came in amazing colours. My favourites by far though were the boat shoes and lovely folks from Timberland even let us design our own pair, which we should get through the post within the next few weeks and which I will be posting later on the blog. Of course, my colours of choice for my pair were pink (with a bit of light beige).










Everyone's busy designing their boat shoes!


Yummy breakfast

The boat shoe-very chic and in my favourite colour

I had a great time meeting all the folks from Timberland, as well as some fellow bloggers which was nice so thank you for the invite Timberland, and I'm looking forward to seeing my boat shoes!

Following the Timberland event I made a mad dash across town to Harvey Nichols in Knightsbridge where the Vogue Experience event was taking place. This is something organised by Franca Sozzani, the editor-in-chief of Vogue Italia, and has already taken place in Italy I believe. Franca and other prominent figures in the fashion industry, such as Lisa Armstrong (fashion editor of The Times), were kind enough to sit for a whole day looking at student's portfolios and CVs and answering general questions about career choices. The queue was HUGE, even though I had registered previously but lucky for me there weren't as many fashion journalists as there were designers and photographers so I got to skip a large part of the queue and meet Lisa who was extremely helpful in her advice and just a very nice person in general. It's nice to see that even those who have made it big do take the time to help students out. Afterwards I couldn't resist getting a copy of this month's Vogue Italia signed by Franca and, of course, snapping a few sly shots of her. She did look tired bless her!



Stay tuned for some more fashion news tomorrow. If you haven't already, pick up a free copy of PHOENIX magazine, where you can find my interview with the designer Flik Hall (I could scan it in but I don't think it would be very legible). And one more thing, I really need loooots more responses to my survey which I am conducting to help me with my Masters final project so if you haven't done so already and are NON-Bulgarian, please take 1 minute out of your time and fill it in: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ZYTL5MH

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...